Pages

Monday 8 July 2013

Home

Home is going well. My day has a predictable routine of meals, pain pills, antibiotics (district nurse or Vincent) and naps. I think I'm getting a little stronger, but still got puffed showering and dressing the other day.

Today I return to my nemesis (the hospital) for two clinic appointments. This morning I'll see the surgeons to check my wound. I'm hopeful that the vacuum pump can come off. I'm really sick of dragging this thing around. Between my central wound and the current wound I've been dragging around vacuum pumps for three or four weeks.

In the afternoon I'm seeing the infectious disease team to see if I can stop taking my antibiotics. Having a 24 hour bottle of antibiotics infusing into my arm (in addition to carrying around the pump) is a real downer.

Lets hope for relief from one or both of my attachments!

The viewing gallery - watching the district nurse change my wound dressing!


No comments:

Post a Comment