Pages

Wednesday 29 May 2013

much like any professional cricket game in India....

1) I'm confident she can be fixed


Tough day.

They've managed to get her pain under control, but today she's been tired and nauseous. When we saw her in the afternoon (after the big one had finished school) she'd been up in the chair for a couple of hours but was really feeling it. The nurses wanted her to go for a quick walk before going back to bed but she barely managed three shuffling steps before she had to ease her back. Shame, as it took ages to untangle her tubes so that she was able to get going in the first place (three tubes going in and four going out, not including the stoma itself).

When I went back in after the girls went to sleep she had a troubled look on her face, and was trying to find a bed angle that helped with her nausea. She's needed three (?) changes today, as a result of leaks etc.

They were hoping that she'd only need 5-7 days in hospital, but at this rate of recovery I don't see how this will happen. Hopefully things start getting exponentially better soon.

The other woman in the room is an older woman who has old woman friends who, like teenagers, can spend hours nattering about nothing. Ear plugs were useful.

At the end of June is the Wellington marathon, which I will not be running (I was actually a little grateful for the excuse not to train). However there is the Magic Mile for kids, and big sister is quite intrigued by the thought of doing this. We live near a running track, so I got her to do four laps the other day, with plenty of breaks each lap. Today I was impressed when she managed to run one whole lap essentially non-stop (with minimal paternal encouragement). Mum would dearly love to watch her run this, but given the likely time lines I don't think she'll be able to spend that much time out and away from a toilet.

As I was dreading, little one started pining for mummy tonight. We managed to distract her in the end, but this can't last forever. On the plus side she's still sleeping ok and seemed happy enough at daycare today.

I think I know the style of tap I want for the bathroom.

#1 husband


No comments:

Post a Comment