Pages

Thursday 6 June 2013

I'm the tap.

I'm not a real tap, of course. That would be inSANE.

Rather, I am the personification of that perfect tap that he has been seeking for these last few days and weeks.

I am like a filling.

I am an amalgam:

I am traditional and I am modern. I am a mixer. I am either mains or mixed pressure, but not both. I'm more square than those found on most bathroom vanities, but not so square that you could caress me with your cheek in the hope of the perfect morning shave. But if you want to caress me, I wont' say no.

No, no, no....

Turn me left and I am hot, turn me right and I am cold. Turn me on and I am yours.

I know there is a basin waiting for me. He knows the basin is waiting for me. I am out there, somewhere - when will he find me?? Will my base be square or round? Of what base metal shall I be made? The best of us all, the most base of us all - they are indistinguishable through the dull lens of time. And that she be our legacy.

Sing my song.

A lost soul shall hide my tears
A founding thought of looming fears
Unreachable, but take me now
Alone and all alone

Hey time
Hey days
Hey undefined displays
Refined away,
Away.


I am the tap.



1 comment:

  1. Just tap it in.... FYI I recommend Methven Waipori it is the tap! :-)

    ReplyDelete