Pages

Saturday 15 June 2013

like an English cricketer and an Aussie cricketer who meet in a bar....

we thought it best to separate them today.


I didn't quite get this until much later in the day, but the reason why kid the older was acting like a perfect terror and refusing to come downstairs was because horror child the younger had woken her up at 5am and she hadn't been able to get back to sleep.

I did manages to coerce her out of her room with the promise of a visit to mum (her first for an uncertain number of days), and she did perk up a bit. Relatively. Later she and nana went, at her request, to the observatory for some leisure science while I carried the other one around town on my back, looking for the perfect pair of canvas shoes on sale.

I am the shoe.

In other news she's had a bit of a down day. Bit tired and wiped out. I was here when her registarar came around this morning, and she confirmed that they'd be doing another dressing change in theatre on Mon or Tues, and she seemed doubtful that they'd be able to sew her up that early. She hunted down the preliminary results of the lymph node histology, and things seem ok so far.

In more positive news, she tells me that she's had a degree of control over her bowel motions today, but frankly who wants to read about that on the internet.

When I walked in she was watching TV on demand on her iphone. I reminded her that she does have a computer here, but she said it was too much work to get it out of the cupboard, what with all her tubes and such,. I've set it up for her now.

Unable to find today's bloods in her file (she has a big ringbinder), and I don't feel like logging on to find them. They've been going on about paperless labs, so maybe that's why there's no cumulative results sheet.

#1 Husband

No comments:

Post a Comment