Pages

Monday 24 June 2013

Morning update

It is all very familiar. I've been admitted back to the same ward, sadly in a four bedroom side ward. 

I had a CT last night which was kind of thrilling. I was kidnapped! An orderly turned up 30 minutes early to take me. I said to him that we were waiting to have a line put in my arm. My nurse also called over to tell him to wait. He ignored both of us. I got taken down to CT. However CT needs a working line in your arm, as well as consent. Since my veins have proved troubling, this is no small matter. The house surgeon had previously not managed to get a line situated; this time she got it on the second go: she did a happy dance!

The CT showed a rather annoyed bowel, called an ilieus. There isn't an obvious cause for this though. The theory is that there is a small wound infection on my right, this could be annoying the bowel. 

So.....back to theatre for more wound cleansing and another vacuum dressing. They will also test my ability to hold down food via my NG tube. So, another few days here.

Have kind of reached wits end now. It takes a fair amount of bravery each time I have to have anaesthesia and I really hate being in the hospital now. I am so sad for the girls: I told them last Friday I was finished with the hospital. They are both showing signs of having reached their personal limits. The oldest is clingy and the youngest is ill mannered: both not typical behaviours.


No comments:

Post a Comment