Pages

Thursday 27 June 2013

Much like a typical NZ test innings.....

this will be short and lacking in intent.


Well well. Who'd have thunk it, huh?

She's well enough now to do her own updating herself, but I thought I'd chip in with some updates from the Outside. I've got to warn you though - don't get too excited, because although you might be expecting some substance to tonight's entry, I'll only provide a couple of flourishes to remind you what I'm capable of before I come to a tame, premature end.

Much like the innings of a NZ middle-order batsman.

(that was one of them)

The biggest news of course is the long-anticipated departure of Nana, a mere 2 1/2 weeks after she was expecting to leave. You know who to blame for that. The younglings have taken it in their stride (the littlest has tiny wee bouncing strides). What I'm really looking forward to is seeing how I cope with solo parenting over the next while. Tonight's dishes and laundry are done. Laundry on the rack. Off work again tomorrow.

As you may already have read there is much doubt over what's going to happen over the next few days. There could be an early discharge with heavy District Nurse input into wound/dressing care. There is talk of a 2-week course of IV antibiotics (vancomycin) which would again require DN visits (and another PICC line). And then there's my cycle holiday around Peru starting next week. I'm planning to tell her in the most sympathetic way possible.

Most interesting of all is the possibility that I might get to observe tomorrow's vacuum dressing change in theatre, so I know what to do if the DN runs into difficulty when she's home. Of course since she's on the acute list it might not happen until I'm not free, but I relish the chance to stand in the background in theatre, telling the Surgeons how I'd do it differently (and in a more generalised, holistic manner).

My dad is settling into his role. He says his ankle can go floppy. I told him to see his GP. Who was my GP from as far back as I remember. He must be 94 or something by now. And the land that the surgery's on must be worth a mint.

The bathroom is working out nicely, thank you.

#1 Husband


No comments:

Post a Comment