Pages

Saturday 8 June 2013

Leave recalled

I tried to go on leave but it didn't work out. First, I had to promise to come back each day for anti-clot injections. Next, I had to come back for a stoma bag change. 

Yesterday morning I realised that the stoma bag was leaking. Down to the hospital. Back home for lunch and a three hour nap. Down to the hospital for clexane injection. Back home and I realise the bag is leaking. Back again. Bag change. Home again. Finally, at 11pm I realise the bag is leaking and there is a lot of blood. Back again.

I've also had some wound seepage so have felt quite disheartened at the mess my stomach is.

The stoma was always a horridly awkward thing and the surgeons are very determined to do the reversal surgery tomorrow. 

In the meantime I have a private room with shower and toilet so feel quite swanky! I'm very much looking forward to this being over.

2 comments:

  1. Ouch. What a horrible day! I hope very much the reversal surgery goes/has gone as well as possible!

    Much love.

    Maire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maire. Hopefully all done soon

    ReplyDelete