Pages

Friday 21 June 2013

she's home

"mummy's tummy is still sore" was a common refrain this afternoon, as there were many cuddles and attempts to climb on top of her. And don't get me started on the kids.

Food will be tricky for a while, as we figure out just what she can eat, and in what quantities. As she's barely eaten in over 3 weeks, she finds that the act of chewing makes her jaw sore. Mobility, as I suspected, is also an issue and our lack of electric bed will be a hindrance to grimace-free entry and dismount.

I forgot to mention yesterday that the pathology report said that the sample that they received was 1.1m long. Ouch.

Can you imagine a 3 1/2 week hospital stay without the internet?

This is the first time in, like, forever, that I've been at home in the mid-evening, and frankly I can't remember what I'm supposed to be doing. Of course she has been asleep since 8:30, so our usual evening banter has yet to return. I seem to have stopped watching evening TV in recent weeks and even though I'm not missing it, I look forward to sinking back into my flat-screen rut. And the Ashes start soon so there will be more GMT + 0 cricket that will continue to scramble my sleep cycle.

I started doing these blog entries to take the pressure off her while she recuperated. As she's back, it's time for things go back to normal and for her to come up with a couple of cricket puns for a change.

While I'm not quite willing to say goodbye yet, I guess I'll be stepping back now. All good things must pass.

Be the tap.

#1 Husband

No comments:

Post a Comment