Pages

Wednesday 12 June 2013

much like the NZ cricket tourists of '94-95...

she's as high as a kite just now*

She and her best mate, Tom the PCA (morphine pump) button, are having a nap. Others have told me that the two of them have been quite inseparable.She sent me a text saying that she'd been sitting up, but I think she was just chasing the dragon.

This morning I decided to look at the dressing, and I've gotta say - that was a mistake. First time my medical poker face has fallen for a while. To be fair though, if you saw it I think you'd agree that at first glance the black gauze that's packing the wound looks a little like necrotic (dead) tissue.

I went for my first jog since before her op today. Pleasant if a little slow.

It's a bit late, and given how little she's done today I might leave it at that. Make-do-mum-in-law and I spray-painted the exposed edges of the vanity cabinet. I hope the kitchen door stayed open, or there'll be more than one druggie in the family.

The tap is a Grohe.

#1 Husband

* http://www.espncricinfo.com/wisdenalmanack/content/story/153261.html

esp start of 2nd paragraph

No comments:

Post a Comment